Friday, September 18, 2009

So let’s get on an airplane go back to where we began to that point which is days apart that stamp right next to your heart



Last night I had to say goodbye to one of my closest friends Tala. The first time we talked to each other was on a trip away with the men's soccer team my freshman year in '06. I was their soccer manager & Tala was on the team with many of my close guy friends. On the way to Alabama we stoppped at a Subway. The coach made sure to tell all the guys that they were not aloud to have sweets before the game. While waiting in line a very tall very dark with a very deep voice said, "Hey can you get me a cookie? Chocolate chip?" Wanting to get on the good sides of the team & me being the only female on the bus, I said, "I'll do my best." I checked out & asked for 2 chocolate chip cookies. Back on the bus i secretely passed one back to him & that's how we became friends. There are so many more stories like this that I could write about. Each of them very special to me. Tala graduated from Belhaven & started on his masters degree here in Texas. So when I moved home he is one of the people that made it a lot easier to be back here. He's on a flight now to London & from there he will go back home to Nigeria. Having international friends is not easy. You always have to say goodbyes & you never know where they will be in the world. I thank God for Skype, that's for sure! I'm not sure when I will see him again, but hopefully I will be able to go over there & he can show me around. The things that I have learned from Tala I keep very close to my heart. The first photo was taken at homecoming '06, my freshman year. He gave me flowers that night. The second photo was me telling him goodbye last night.
Title: Birthmark by Akon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails