Monday, June 7, 2010

Your love is stag in the white sand Wilderness for miles, eyes so mild and wise Don't I know you better than the rest

I'm pretty sure this past week, I went through a mid 20's crises. Do you ever just want to change everything around you? Your environment, the food you eat, yourself? Well that was me. I have been a redhead for almost a year now & I have really loved it. I would have never thought that my natural dark brown hair would ever turn to red or look good either. But thankfully, it does.

Maybe it's the new season of summer coming in that made me want to make this shift. I have been contemplating changing my hair color for a couple of weeks now. I thought I could be patient & wait til I got some dinero & go to a proper salon. But one night this weekend I could not take the red any longer! I went down to Target, picked out a golden brown tint & headed back home to make the transformation. As I was squirting the glupe on my head I noticed it was much darker then I expected it to be, but I continued with it. I left it on for a good 3o minutes, washed it all out & blow dried my hair.

What I saw looking back in the mirror was not at all what I expected. My hair was now a very dark auburn. Golden brown! GOLDEN BROWN! That's what the box said! This box lied! And then the disappointment came. My hair was brown. I didn't want brown at all. I wanted my hair to be light, golden, as if it had been kissed by the sun itself. All that night I continued to look in the mirror trying to get used to it. I even looked at photos of my favorite brunette women. I thought, I can do this, I can be a brunette again. Trying to give myself the confidence with this new transformation was not easy. I texted my best friend Lexie & told her. I said I was not happy & she thought it was so funny & started to call me darky. For an hour in a half we went back & forth about my hair & how I could possible make it lighter again. She was not in agreement with me lightening it, but I told her it would indeed work.

I woke up the next morning & there it was again, as dark as before. For the next two days I was just fine & attempted to get used to it. On Sunday after a long weekend of working & being exhausted I was sitting in my apartment. I had just finished working out & I looked at myself & thought, If you don't like something change it. I said THAT'S IT! I hopped in my car, ran to the grocery store, picked up a box of super light blonde & headed back home. I gluped & glopped the chemicals on my head & waited as it began to turn lighter. I washed my hair until it ran clean. When I got done blow drying, I looked in the mirror & there I was with my red hair! I was back! Yes, I gave myself a big smile in the mirror & did a little dance too.

Now this story is not to say that I won't ever change my hair color again. It might change it or it might not. But for now I'm happy being a red head.

Oh & since it is a Music Monday here is a song I can't stop listening to all this week. Zebra by Beach House.

UPDATE: I accidently deleted the comments on this post! If you commented I am so sorry!! I am rather bummed I did this, because it was before I could read any of the lovely comments!

Title: Zebra by Beach House

5 comments:

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

Ha - you are daring! I love that you went out to fix the dark with blonde and got red. I never would have thought to do that. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end! :) xo

Unknown said...

Oh my!! I'm SO sorry for the multiple comments! I have no idea why it posted so many times....my Blogger has been messing up BIG time today!!! :(

ALFIE said...

isn't it so lovely when, sometimes, we realize things are perfect. just the way they are?

it's a moment that puts a little smile on your face. and a peace in your heart.


ps. i love the red hair!

Style with Benefits said...

Haha! I'm glad that you're hair dying story came full circle. :) You were meant to be a red head... in this moment and present time!

xo, becs

SomeGirl said...

Your comments are back! Yay!! :) I love your hair color, and think you are beautiful no matter what color it is! ♥ Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails