Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm not calling you a liar, Just don't lie to me. And i love you so much, I'm gonna let you I'm not calling you a thief, Just don't, And i love you so

Can you have a certain type of style? If someone asked you what your style is, do you just say one word like, "Oh I'm classic." Or ethnic, casual, preppy etc.
I have been flip flopping on this a lot lately. I find myself opening my closet door & looking around like I have no creative juices in my body to dare put together an outfit for that day. I end up with a v neck shirt & my black yoga pants & off I go to work. Mind you I nanny & am with kids all day, so out style goes usually. These have been my thoughts lately...

"I am a 22 year old college mother."
"I need to make sure everything is covered because babies like to grab at me."
" Comfortable, but cute. Bleh, how to do that?!"
"I look like a MOM!!!"
"I don't want to be a mom yet!"

This whole chapter in my life has got me searching for the first time for easiest possible way for me to be stylish, comfortable, & still feel like I am in my 20's. Although I feel like I haven't figured any of it out because, as I'm writing this I am sitting on my bed in, yes, you guessed it. A shirt & my yoga pants that desperately need to be thrown in the wash.

The thing is I have been inspired by so much fashion lately & I just need to find away to work it out with my life filled with children. So as of lately I have been collecting photos of what I want this new chapter of my style to look like. I will figure this out very soon...I hope!

Oh one thing I have learned is put on lots of fun jewelry! All the time! Yes, even with my yoga pants. And this is my wisdom for the day.

Title: I'm Not Calling You A Liar by Florence and The Machine


1 comment:

ALFIE said...

style is 80% attitude. if you feel good---you're looking good. even if you're not wearing something particularly trendy.

however--i know the pain of bland work attire. in the hospital--lost in a sea of blue scrubs--i quickly learned the power of a headband. necklace. or cute pair of earrings.

you can't be 100% stylish all the time--but you'll be amazed at how much better you feel with some splashes of your personal style!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails