Monday, May 24, 2010

I can't complain about it I gotta keep my balance & just keep dancin on it We gettin funky on the scene & you know about it

I can't remember the last time I did a Music Monday & I have been listening to some wonderful music lately. I just heard that one of my favorite bands Band Of Horses just released a new album Infinite Arms! I have only heard one song from the album & so far I liked what I heard. This is why Myspace is still pretty amazing. Yes, call me a nerd. I do indeed still have a Myspace. But don't judge, it's only because I can listen to music & hear new bands & artists.

Lately I have been seeing a lot about a girl named Janelle Monae. So, I decided to check out just what she was all about this past week. I really really enjoyed her music. I love her style too. She is extremely original & beautiful. Also, I wish I could get my hair to do what her hair does. I in fact attempted to do this style, but all the teasing & hairspray couldn't hold my hair up! So far Tightrope is my favorite song of hers & I think the dancing in the video is brilliant.

I hope to start posting regularly again this week. I found a 24 hour coffee shop in my town & I'm really excited about it! Let the blogging live on!

Title: Tightrope by Janelle Monae





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh I like it:-) and her style kind of reminds me of Rihanna, but cuter! Lol

ALFIE said...

ooooooOOOOOoooo!!! i love her!! love her love her! on my way to itunes for some downloading---as we speak!

so glad you've located the 24 hour coffee shop. and not only for the delish drinks around the clock---but because i've missed you're gorgeous posts :)

Liz / Tangible Ingredients said...

YES, i LOVE janelle monae, and i can not get enough of that video!

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

I just came across her recently and fell in love. What a trend setter, huh? Talk about knowing who you are not being afraid to show the world! :) xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails