Monday, February 8, 2010

The earth can never hold this love that burns my soul heaven holds me I can't hold my love back from you I've got to sing

Monday, bloody Monday...okay so I changed the words around a little (if you know what song I am referring to, you are now my favorite person.) I had a wonderful, crazy, upside down weekend. Babysitting alot, learning all the things I need to know about my second job ( yes, I got a second job!), being with family for my brother Beau's 43rd birthday, & helping my brother Cale & sister-in-law Ky move back to Dallas (highlight of my weekend!) And the week is going to just get crazier I know. My planner is filled every day with little things I have to get done ASAP. I can't remember the last time I was this busy, but I'm excited to get the ball rolling on things.

I had mentioned last week that I'm doing a detox the whole month of February & it's more a spiritual kind of detox. Without going into so many details (there are a lot), I basically need to spend more time with my Father God. That's what it boils down to. It's so easy to do, but yet I make it complicated. So I felt this month, this is the month that I'm finally putting my bloody foot down & saying it's time.

Last year I started listening to Sarah McMillan's music on her Myspace. She's the wife of John Mark McMillan, & they are both brilliant song writers. I lover her folk sound. It's very real & genuine & you know the words she is singing comes from the deep crevices of her heart & soul. I had forgotten how much her music & sound had affected me, til I tuned in again this past week. Shea & I can't stop listening to her. So I decided that Sarah's album, Under Your Bright Wings, will be my music album of this month on PassionBird. You can click on her album to the left < yes, yes, over there, that's it. I also love that she's an artist & a mom on top of being a musician. That's called a multi-tasker for sure.
Happy Music Monday loves! I'm happy it's a new day.

Title: Sing My Love by Sarah McMillan

5 comments:

the style crusader said...

totally feel your pain about having so much to get done. good luck with it! xx

Unknown said...

You go busy girl!

Super proud of you doing a spiritually-inspired detox! It'll be hard but so worth it:-)

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

I'm a big fan of Sarah McMillan myself!!! Very pretty posts! :)

I think I like the word detox here!

--Tamanna

ALFIE said...

not only are you a genius music discoverer...you're now my hero for introducing me to Sarah.

thank you. just thank you.

S.I.F. said...

I love that song! Music to live by... And you incorporate photos so well. I'm pretty much horrible at that! :) Always jealous of people who have an artistic eye.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails