Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cause behind its door there's nothing to keep my fingers warm & all i find are souvenirs from better times before the gleam of your taillights fading

My Monday turned out to be the best Monday I have had in a long time! I'm glad that the week got started off so well, hopefully it will continue through out these next couple of days.

Yesterday, I decided to go thrifting to see what I could find for my apartment & maybe I would find something to add to my autumn wardrobe. I went to my favorite thrift store in town. I found a chair for my dining room table & a big frame (I'm working on a project.) As I made my way to the counter I figured I should probably look for coats since I need one for the chilly weather. The first coat I saw is what I have been wanting for the longest time. It was a carpet bag coat. It was vintage & all orange. I tried it on & it was a little big but nothing a needle & thread can't fix. I looked at the price & thought it was a pretty good deal for this kind of coat, so I decided to purchase it. When I got to the check out desk & handed the coat over, the woman said, that because the coat is orange I got 50% off becuase it was Orange Day in the store! Anything in the store that is orange was half off! I really could not believe it! I basically got this coat for dirt cheap & I was the happiest girl! I'll have to post photos of it.

I received this photo in my email today & I thought it was a really cool idea. Maybe I'll try something like this with an old book. I'm in a creative mood today, well more then most days, so who knows what I'll come up with today.
Title: Title and Registration by Death Cab For Cutie

1 comment:

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

Ooh, can't wait to see your orange coat - orange is the best! Don't you just love how days just go your way...I mean, how often do they have "orange" sales??!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails