Saturday, February 20, 2010

Meadowlark fly your way down I hold a cornucopia & a golden crown for you to wear upon your fleece'd gown ah meadowlark sing to me

I have felt uninspired to post lately, but I decided to go through my favorite blogs tonight.
I stopped by Jenny's blog Little Life & to my surprise she had tagged me in her post!

How it works:
1) open your 1st photo folder
2) scroll to the 10th photo
3) post the photo and the story behind it
4) tag 5 or more people

The Photo



























The Story

This was the first semester of my freshman year at Belhaven. One night my best friend Lexie & our friend Ken decided to go on an adventure around down town Jackson in the middle of the night. Maybe not the brightest idea. That night we accidentally almost broke into an historical museum, ran (literally) into a homeless man sleeping in a parking garage & Lexie & I took this photo pretending to be in London. This became a tradition for the 3 of us the whole year. Midnight adventures.
I look at this photo & my first thought is, Wow, we look like babies! So much has happened in the last 4 years that has changed, but Lexie is still my best friend & I'm so glad we have this photo.

And I tag:
elizabeth of e tells tales
laure of les ombres chinoises
becs of style with benefits
michelle of love in details
shea beth of elisabeth's pen

Title: Meadowlarks by Fleet Foxes

6 comments:

jenny said...

bennett sings me that song all the time! i love it : )

Unknown said...

Isn't it crazy when you look at old pics how much we change?! It's funny to me:-) Keep on getting older and better right?!

Laure said...

Yay! I can't wait to get home and do this. That photo is adorable--you're absolutely gorgeous! I can remember how many more midnight adventures I went on four years ago...compared to now! This inspires me, I'm feeling nostalgic.

MICHELLE said...

This is such a cute idea. I'll get looking through my photos right now.

As for cool places in Dallas...I haven't gotten to explore Dallas very much, sadly. :( I work there, then come straight home, usually. However, I've had a lot of places recommended to me. here are some restaurants/bars: Rise #1, Old Monk, Bolsa, Hibiscus, Cuba Libre, The Porch, Cafe San Miguel, and Sushi Sake (Richardson). I also love going to the DMA - and it's free every first Tuesday of the month! There's a great exhibition on impressionism that just opened, and I want go and see it soon!

If you have any gems to suggest, definitely pass them on over! And let me know if you want to check any cool places out together sometime. :)

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

LOL - love that story. Sounds like something my friends and I would have done :) xo

E said...

What a great story...and thanks for the tag. I'll have to go a-searching now :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails