What's been on my mind...
1) My new baby niece Gemma Marley was born last week. This makes me an aunt for the 20th time! This is no exaggeration at all. She was born a couple days before Christmas & she is precious. I'm really enjoying being an aunt right now.
2) My best friend Lexie surprised me with a phone call a couple of weeks ago telling me she was engaged!! Of course there were girlish squeals. Ever since then we have had a very long facebook message sending each other photos & ideas for the wedding. So I have gone wedding crazy a little & I actually like it. I now have an excuse to look at wedding magazines.
3) My car, my poor little car went to the car doctor last week after breaking down on me on the highway last week. My transmission went 6 feet under. So my sister & I will be sharing her car for a bit. This is when I'm so thankful I live close to my family when I get stranded on the side of the highway.
4) I just found out that Christ For The Nations, a bible school in Dallas, is having their annual worship conferance. I haven't been to anything like this in awhile & I think it's something I just need for the new year. So it's been on my mind a lot & I really hope i get to go.
5) It's always around this time every year that I get the urge to get another tattoo. I constantly look at photos of tattoos & am always intrigued by what people get inked on their bodies. I have 3 different ideas in my head, but when I saw the new ink Rihanna got, I fell in love with it. I would really like to get something like this with a saying about missions. I found this lyric by Matt Redman that says, "Til every tribe and tongue voices Your praise send us out." I know it's a really open place on your body to get one, so I am going to wait awhile for this one. I really have to think about it before I commit to it. But of course I don't want to over think it.
Right now I'm in Jackson, MS with Dea & Craig waiting for the New Year to get here & celebrate! I'm not sure how I feel about the new year coming in, I kinda like 09 & I'm sad to see it already be going.
Title: Clean Getaway by Maria Taylor