Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cá fhad é ó Siúl tríd na stoirmeacha Dul tríd na stoirmeacha Cá fhad é ó

Sometimes I get scared & feel overwhelmed when I think about going to Africa. My thoughts get caught up in the fact that I might fail. Not failure for myself, but that I will fail others. I try not to think of the corruption that goes on there, because if I focus on that I feel a hopelessness & helplessness. I think that there would be nothing that I can do as one person.
But then after all these thoughts come, something happens to me that is unexplainable. Every time I think of just one child & that whatever thoughts of failure or judgment I have on myself just completely lifts off of me.
I don't want to be an Anthropologist. I don't want to be a Sociologist. I just want to help. I want to be knowledgeable also. Because a bleeding heart without wisdom is just a bleeding heart.
Every year my friend Kasey goes to Zambia with an organization called Family Legacy & is based here in Dallas. These are some of her photos of this past summer when she spent 3 months there at Camp Life. I love these photos so much & I'm so glad I have close friends that are willing to put themselves aside for children.
Title: Storms In Africa by Enya







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails